Friday 23 April 2010

day 4..






Day off in Newcastle.

The gig was ace...loads of friends and family there made it even more special. They were all on their best behaviour too, so thanks!!

Ricky didn't heckle...coward.

Went back to 'Villa del Mare' (my mam and dads house). Its great going home to my parents, they live on the beach so usually I get up early and set out for adventures in the sand dunes, take photos of the cliff tops or just take a stroll on the sand. Today, I stayed in my Pyjamas. Today I did not leave the house. Today I watched reality tv programmes on mtv about spoilt little rich girls. Today I googled celebrities with cellulite. Today I ate leftover easter eggs. Today I ate custard out of the tub. Today I was a disgusting human. I believe that once a month it is completely acceptable for a woman to indulge in one of these slobbish days (we know what i am refering to).

Come 7 o clock I finally took a shower and put some clothes on. Mum had prepared a feast of Paella and other tapas type nibbles. Mums a goodn when it comes to cooking, she is also a real sucker for a theme, she was devestated yesterday as she couldn't find any spanish music to accompany dinner (so instead she played the amelie soundtrack, at least its a bit foreign she must have thought haha).

Before bed I asked my dad if I could record him singing. He has never heard himself sing before, even the idea itself made his eyes dance. After some persuasion I eventually got him to sit down with me and sing a song for me to record.

Watching his face when I played it back to him is a memory I will never forget and more beautiful then any I think I will ever know. We sat there like two mischevious school kids playing it back again and again. He looked like a child who had just seen snow for the first time. Today was brilliant.

....p.s my dad has a lush voice, its liiiiiike...I imagine it's what silk would sound like.

Off to Bristol today and am extremely excited for a number of reasons, another gig, a new city aaaaaaaaand...my boyfriends coming haha. I've turned in to one of those sickly in love girls, that talks about her boyfriend constantly, that has his face as the background to every electrical device owned, that starts each sentence with 'me and...'

BLEURGH.

It's super sunny today (apparently everywhere in england has been apart from glasgow and newcastle) so lets get chuffed.

I know nout about Bristol except that there is a bridge which is famous for how many people have commited suicide by jumping off it...SHIRLEY BASSIES daughter being one of them. If Shirley was my mam i'd probably jump off a bridge too...you're never going to live up to that womans legacy and vibrato!


Soundtracks to the day:

Brian Eno- here come the warm jets
Track 3- babys on fire........awesome.

Elbow- asleep in the back
track 1- any day now........hypnotic!

and of course..

my dads song. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment